miRVaS is a program designed to predict the impact of genetic variants on miRNAs.
- Annotation of the location of the variant relative to functional regions within the miRNA.
- Prediction of the structural impact of the variant on the miRNA and annotation of the locations of structural change in the miRNA.
- Creation of structure drawings of both wild type and variant with miRNA functional regions highlighted for comparison.
You can either download the program
and use it locally, or you
can analyze your variant data online
- 2015-07-23 Version 1.0.2 contains an updated version of the test file.
- 2015-07-17 Online analysis is available, as well as a version 1.0.1 (with some small fixes).
- 2015-03-10 First version is available.
You can freely use the program, but if you publish results obtained with the help of miRVaS,
it should be cited:
- Cammaerts, S., Strazisar, M., Dierckx, J., Del Favero, J., De Rijk, P. (2015)
miRVaS: a tool to predict the impact of genetic variants on miRNAs.
Nucl. Acids Res., 10.1093/nar/gkv921.
Since with miRVaS you are also using the underlying tools RNAfold and VARNA, these should be cited as well.
Lorenz, R., Bernhart, S.H., Höner Zu Siederdissen, C., Tafer, H., Flamm, C., Stadler, P.F., Hofacker, I.L., (2011).
ViennaRNA Package 2.0. Algorithms Mol Biol 6, 26. doi:10.1186/1748-7188-6-26
(Pubmed ID: 22115189).
Darty, K., Denise, A., Ponty, Y. (2009).
VARNA: Interactive drawing and editing of the RNA secondary structure. Bioinformatics 25, 1974\u20131975. doi:10.1093/bioinformatics/btp250
(Pubmed ID: 19398448).